By Kashish Gupta, Ecologist - November 2003MICROWAVE OVENS *
Eighty per cent of the UK'S Population use them and yet two comprehensive studies have shown that they damage our health. Isn't it time more research was done into the effects they have on us and the food we put into them?
From 1957 up until very recently Russian research into microwaves was
mainly carried out at the Institute of Radio Technology at Klinsk in
Byelorussia. According to US researcher William Kopp, Russian
forensic teams observed the following key effects:
1. People who ingested microwaved foods showed a statistically higher
incidence of stomach and intestinal cancers, plus a general
degeneration of peripheral cellular tissues and a gradual breakdown
of the function of the digestive and excretory systems.
2. Due to chemical alterations within food substances, malfunctions
occurred within the lymphatic system, causing a degeneration in the
immune system's ability to protect the body against neoplastic
3. Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritional
value of all foods studied, most significantly in the
bio-availability of Bcomplex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E,
essential minerals and lipotropics (substances that prevent abnormal
4. Heating prepared meats in a microwave sufficiently for human
consumption creates the cancer-causing agent d-nitrosodiethanolamine.
5. Cancer-causing free radicals were formed within certain
trace-mineral, molecular formations in plant substances --
particularly in raw root vegetables.
6. Ingestion of microwaved foods caused a higher percentage of
cancerous cells within the blood serum.
7. Microwaving foods alters their elemental food substances, leading
to disorders in the digestive system.
The use of microwave ovens was banned in Russia in 1976.